Chris Myerly is currently the Chef de Cuisine at Broders’ Pasta Bar in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has worked, for the last 12 years, at some of the Twin Cities most popular restaurants and you can see, in each of his creations, how well he has honed his skills. Chris also happens to have three rescue dogs, so you know the Cava, Bouzy & Brilla approve of this message.
He values local product as well as seasonal produce and always seems to come up with the most brilliant flavor combinations. Everything from grilled peaches and burrata on the menu in the summer to a fresh, bright winter citrus & beet salad in the deep Minnesota winter. He always seems to take an old favorite and make it brand new again, which I think speaks volumes for his level of creativity and culinary talent. Pasta may be the main ingredient at Broders, but for Tres Sabores, he’s come up with a brilliant recipe that includes Julie’s famous BBQ spice rub and pairs beautifully with our Petite Sirah.
Pork with BBQ Spice Rub, Grilled Peaches & Braised Kale
Pork with Spice Rub
- 2 pork tenderloins
- Tres Sabores BBQ Spice Rub
- 8 bunches kale
- 2 red onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 1 peach per person
- 1 tbsp olive oil per peach
Pork with Spice Rub
- Pour a glass for the chef of your preferred Tres Sabores wine!
- Rub pork with spice rub allow to marinate for 2 hours in fridge. Remove from fridge half hour before you intend to grill to let it temper.
- Grill over high heat to desired doneness. Allow to rest, half of total cooking time.
- Clean Kale and dry thoroughly
- Peel & julienne red onions
- Add olive oil to a pan and heat. Once hot: add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes
- Add kale and salt and pepper, cook until kale is wilted
- Once wilted, add lemon juice and toss
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
- Half peaches & remove pit
- Lightly coat all sides of the peach with olive oil.
- Grill all sides (skin & flesh) over medium high heat until caramelized.
- Serve while warm